Frequently Asked Questions
HouseCalls is included at no additional cost for people enrolled in an eligible health plan.
Will a HouseCalls visit affect your premium or benefits?
HouseCalls provides a yearly in-home preventive care visit, which includes:
- A head-to-toe exam
- Health screenings
- Plenty of 1-on-1 time to talk with a licensed health care professional about your health questions
Because a HouseCalls visit is driven by you and your needs, screenings and conversation topics can vary.
A member of our licensed medical staff who is either a nurse practitioner, physician assistant or medical doctor. All HouseCalls professionals are state licensed and maintain national certification. In addition, our health care professionals have passed a background check.
One yearly in-home checkup is included as a health plan feature for those enrolled in an applicable health plan.
- Schedule at any time. All HouseCalls visits are scheduled around your needs. Call to find a date and time that works best for you.
- You get one HouseCalls visit per calendar year. But you don’t have to schedule visits for the same time each year. So, even if it hasn’t been a full year since your last visit, you can schedule your yearly HouseCalls visit starting in January.
- HouseCalls supplements your doctor’s care with an extra set of eyes looking out for your health between regular doctor’s visits. At the end of your visit, you’ll receive a personalized checklist of items to discuss with your regular doctor. Also, a summary of what you talked about will be mailed to you and your doctor.
- Your health care professional will help you by supporting existing relationships with doctors— and can also help you establish relationships with new care resources, if needed.
- Doctor’s appointments can sometimes feel rushed and you might not know exactly what to ask. HouseCalls health care professionals can provide you with a personalized checklist of important questions and topics specific to your needs to discuss with your doctor at your next visit. This helps ensure you get the information you need.
Yes, if your family member is enrolled in an eligible health plan they can also have a HouseCalls visit at no additional cost.